Saturday 22 February 2014

Traditional Shots of Chickens

A few blog posts back I posted some abstract shots of our chickens. I decided to blog my pet chickens again but with a more traditional feel. I also included Jean our little bantam this time.

We actually keep three bantams. They all look identical so we named them Jean, Jean and Jean. The breed is called silky and they have soft white feathers.

The silkies are quite shy and kind of hide behind Rita who is a regular breed of chicken. Chickens can be tamed but most are afraid of humans. Rita only comes close if you have biscuits or crackers.

To achieve close up shots I mostly use my telephoto lens. I use this lens for a lot of animal work as it makes the process a lot easier. Hope you like the photos!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...