Thursday 20 February 2014

Chickens Exploring

I’m always taking new photographs of our pet chickens but this series has a slightly different style. I experimented with the angle of the shot for example from behind the chicken to create the illusion of walking along beside the chicken. 

Additionally I was very low to the ground when photographing. In the first shot the angle is at ground level to get the feeling of being close to the chicken.

I experimenting with focus quite a bit also. Having a very short depth of field and picking out unusual elements to focus on in the photo worked nicely.

With the combination of unusual angles, short depth of field and enhanced colours the effect created looks quite vintage and ethereal. I like how the three images work together to tell a story.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...