Friday 22 February 2013

Cold weather Saltburn | General Saltburn


More classic shots of Saltburn can in some ways be much harder to capture. So many photographers have previously been and taken those classic shots and it’s hard to make new shots look unique.

I like the challenge of this though and find it motivating to try and create original photographs. From the classic Saltburn theme, I wanted to make sure anyone who looks at my images would recognise the location quite quickly. 

To achieve this I developed ideas around typography. The surfboarding sign I spotted seemed like a good choice. I chopped off the other information, leaving the word Saltburn next to a silhouette of a surfboard. Despite the framing being slightly off I was pleased with the results.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...