Friday 18 February 2011

New Craft Technique – Spirelli

I’ve probably said before, that I go to a couple of craft classes. Well Creative Crafts night class I go to on a Tuesday night. This week we were shown how to make Spirelli cards; this basically means a circular flower like template that you weave coloured thread through grooves around the edge. The patterns created look quite complex and the effect achieved it very beautiful. 

When I was shown the designs before we were going to make it, I thought the technique must be very tricky, but if your get the knack right, it’s pretty easy to do! I enjoyed doing it, and it’s cool to experiment with colour combinations!


These are the designs I made, bearing in mind, it was the first time I had done this technique, I was quite pleased with the results!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...