Monday 13 September 2010

My Before and After Photoshop Work

I worked with Photoshop to enhance and improve my original shots. This was done through using firstly the crop tool. I cropped the photograph, but while doing this, I relined the horizon so that the subject was straight and professional looking.

I wanted to boost the amount of colour in this photograph. This was done in a number of ways. I increased the levels and brightness/contrast. To make the sky bluer, I simply used a blue and white gradient and applied it onto another layer. I then merged the two layers using overlay blending mode.

I think it really makes the image, much more vivid and strong. Normally when taking photographs, making them a high standard before Photoshop editing is the best solution. Because of the nature of this shoot I went on, I was simply experimenting with the functions of the camera.

Photoshop can be really fun despite this, experimenting with your camera and Photoshop can be a great way to learn and be more aware of what can be done. However much more subtle changes can be made which improve the photograph in a much more natural way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...