Sunday 20 January 2013

Rain In Saltburn | Knitted Characters


The knitted characters around the seafront and other well known local spots around the area have become a popular thing to photograph. They portray a great sense of community and have proven a good way to advertise local art and creative people.


The knitted characters add something extra to very iconic scenes. While in Saltburn on this particular day my friend and I spotted some more knitted characters by Profile gallery.


They reminded me slightly of Christmas baubles and the bright colours contrasted with the dark and dismal day. I found this interesting and I developed some unusual compositions for example a lamppost and using the church as a backdrop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...