Wednesday 29 February 2012

Greetings Cards Update: Feb

There are a range of designs I’ve been working on this month. Most of them are quite special cards which I’ve spent quite some time on. I’ve included three of these cards in my blog post, the Easter cards will be blogged separately.


I made a double twisted easel card with a pink and green colour combo. I began making this card at the craft group, a mentor at the group suggested I tried decoupage on one of the squares.  


I had enough paper to do this and after completing the card, was pleased with the effect because it made the card look much more sophisticated.


I completed monochrome photography card, including my image of York Cathedral. I used black and white colours to compliment the design. It has been suggested this card would be a great male Valentines card, but I decided to give it to our local vicar as she is moving away.


The last of the bunch, I made a Mother’s Day card for my Nan. This card was very time-consuming and quite difficult to make. It was the first of this template I had done.


I used two pennies as a weight so the sunflower rotates round and round when sliding across. I completed the card at Creative Crafts; they had a lovely choice of papers and card toppers. Although it was quite hard work to make, I’m very pleased with the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...