Sunday 3 October 2010

The Arts Bank Gallery Placement – 27th and 28th Sept

I spent two days at a new gallery opened in Saltburn called the Arts Bank. I wanted to get a feel of what its liked working in a commercial gallery. I learned quite a lot from this short work experience, the location was very nice to work in and I enjoyed learning about a local business.

Day 1: On the first day of my gallery placement, I was introduced to the staff and the tasks Jenna was involved with at the Gallery.  Jenna is one of the gallery assistants, who puts out stock, serves customers and leads school visits. I worked closely with Jenna over the two days doing these types of tasks.

In the morning I stuck prices on some of the greetings cards which were going to be displayed at an art fair in Gateshead. I made refreshments for the staff, such as cups of tea. I also got the chance to display some of the new ceramics that had arrived, which I put into glass cabinets. Other task included archiving information to do with the art work, for example documenting the artist and name of the paintings in the gallery.

Day 2: The second day I continued with similar tasks and helped Jenna again. During the afternoon there was a school visit from a local secondary school. I assisted Jenna is presenting a talk for the children, taking them around key art work in the gallery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...